The Best Resource For Mixed Martial Arts MMA

Andre Pederneiras says he doesn’t think Conor McGregor has confidence in rematch against Jose Aldo

SHARE
, / 100 0

One of the more interested onlookers for Conor McGregor’s fight at UFC 202 was Jose Aldo, who is patiently waiting for the featherweight champion to return to his division. In the aftermath of McGregor’s memorable victory over Nate Diaz, Aldo tweeted directly to the Irishman, challenging him to a date in New York come November.

“Where you at @TheNotoriousMMA? Come back down and I’ll see you at UFC205 or drop the belt! #hitandrun,” he wrote.

Aldo’s longtime coach at Nova Uniao in Rio, Andre Pederneiras, reiterated a version of this sentiment on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour, though he wasn’t pinpointing an exact date. One thing he was certain about was his rooting interest in UFC 202. Pederneiras was pulling for McGregor to win the rematch against Diaz.

“For sure, for sure, I prayed for him to win,” he told Ariel Helwani. “Now he either goes back to his division and make a match for Aldo…I don’t understand, because one more time he wanted to fight Nate, but not give Aldo an opportunity for another fight. I cannot understand him. Now he says maybe he goes to 155. No, he need to go down and drop his weight down to 145 and give a match to Aldo. He deserves that.”

Aldo and McGregor fought to unify the featherweight title at UFC 194 last December, with McGregor scoring a one-punch, 13-second knockout over the longtime featherweight champion. Since then, McGregor has fought back-to-back fights against Diaz at 170 pounds, while Aldo took home the interim title with a decision victory over Frankie Edgar at UFC 200 in July.

Though McGregor himself was vocal about doing a trilogy fight with Diaz at lightweight, UFC president Dana White has been insistent that McGregor’s next bout will be ….View full article

Source:: mma fighting