Web
Analytics

The Best Resource For Mixed Martial Arts MMA

Brock Lesnar close to finalizing deal to fight at UFC 200

152 0

Here comes the pain. Again?

The UFC is in serious talks with former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar to have him fight at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas, multiple sources confirmed with MMA Fighting.

Both sides are close to finalizing a deal, and if all goes well, Lesnar’s return to mixed martial arts could be announced imminently.

While talks are progressing well between Lesnar and the UFC, an opponent for Lesnar isn’t close to being finalized. It is unclear at this time who is under consideration.

The 38-year-old Lesnar hasn’t competed in MMA since his Dec. 2011 loss to Alistair Overeem at UFC 141. Lesnar’s career was cut short due to his struggles with diverticulitis, and after leaving MMA, he returned to World Wrestling Entertainment, where he’s been performing for the last four years.

Since leaving the UFC, both sides have often flirted with the idea of a reunion.

UFC president Dana White said in 2012 that they were close to booking Lesnar vs. Fedor Emelianenko at Cowboys Stadium, but that deal ultimately fell through after Emelianenko’s father passed away, according to White. And the UFC tried to re-sign Lesnar last year as his WWE contract was expiring, but Lesnar chose to return to WWE instead.

In October, Lesnar said on the “Stone Cold” Steve Austin’s podcast that he was very serious about coming back to the UFC.

“It wasn’t a bluff,” Lesnar told Austin. “I felt robbed by diverticulitis. I felt robbed by being sick. I was feeling good and it took me a couple years to start feeling good. I’m at home, I’m working out, my life is great, everything’s in tune, my contract’s coming to ….View full article

Source:: mma fighting