Though he had few words, former UFC heavyweight champion and current WWE Superstar Brock Lesnar on Friday issued a statement on his recent flagging for a potential anti-doping violation.
“We will get to the bottom of this,” Lesnar told The Associated Press in an exclusive statement on Friday.
Though the nature of the potential violation was not disclosed, UFC officials on Friday issued a statement revealing the allegation. The wording of the UFC’s statement, however, indicates the likelihood of a banned substance or substances present in the test results, which stem from an out-of-competition sample collection on June 28.
TRENDING > HOT TWEETS: Mark Hunt Fires Away as Fighters Blast Brock Lesnar
The AP report also stated that it had “obtained copies of three letters from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to Lesnar, informing the fighter that he had passed tests on three samples submitted over a nine-day period in mid-June, mere days before the sample with the potential violation was collected.”
Lesnar collected a disclosed $2.5 million paycheck for his UFC 200 unanimous-decision victory over Mark Hunt on July 9.
Hunt, upon hearing of Lesnar’s potential infraction, was understandably upset, going so far as to threaten walking away from the UFC.
“If you don’t give me half of his (expletive), I’m walking away from this company,” said Hunt in an interview with FOX Sports Radio 500. “I want out of here. This is rubbish.”
Despite the potential violation, the UFC noted that Lesnar, like any other accused athlete, would be given due process.
“USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results ….View full article