Mark Hunt and many others have taken umbrage with the UFC granting Brock Lesnar an exemption from four months of drug testing before he could enter the Octagon. The UFC’s anti-doping policy led by USADA states that any athlete coming out of retirement must give the UFC four months of notice so the fighter can be put back in USADA’s drug-testing pool.
Lesnar, who just officially signed back with the UFC in early June, was given a waiver for that time period. Hunt, who has been tested since the UFC-USADA relationship began in July 2015, expressed his displeasure to FOX Sports Australia earlier this month.
“I think he’s juiced to the gills — and I still think I’m going to knock him out,” Hunt said. … “I don’t think that’s fair. I think it’s load of bullsh*t, I think it’s rubbish. I don’t think anyone should be exempt from testing. If they’re trying to clean the sport up — mixed martial arts — this is a bad way to do it. I don’t care who you are. It’s ridiculous.”
Lesnar, who retired from the UFC initially in 2011, has been tested five times in June by USADA since signing. The UFC said it gave Lesnar an exemption from the four-month period because he retired so long ago that there wasn’t even an anti-doping policy in place at the time. Lesnar, 38, is also tested by WWE under its wellness program.
In response to a question Thursday about Hunt’s allegations, Lesnar seemed to laugh it all off on a media conference call.
“I’ve been dealing with that my entire life,” he said. “I’m a white boy and I’m jacked — deal with it. What do you want me to say? I’m a white boy and I’m jacked. Deal with it.”
Lesnar will meet ….View full article
Source:: mma fighting