Brock Lesnar’s first hearing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) has been set for Aug., 23, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nevada, according to MMA Junkie. A request for a temporary suspension for the WWE superstar and former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight champion will be heard after “Beast Incarnate” failed both an out-of-competition and in-competition test administered by United States Anti Doping Agency (USADA) ahead of his fight against Mark Hunt at UFC 200 on July 9, 2016.
Lesnar was riding high after defeating Hunt via unanimous decision, only to get brought back down to Earth after USADA revealed his first failed test six days later.
Since then, Hunt has been on a rampage, verbally trashing UFC, Lesnar and USADA at every turn. To make things worse, it was revealed that USADA had the option to speed up the process on getting the results back, but opted not to do so.
According to NSAC Chairman Anthony Marnell, he, too, takes blame for not stepping in and doing side testing of his own.
“There were multiple options along the way to come in on the side and perform separate, independent testing on top of their program. (NSAC Executive Director) Bob (Bennett) and I made the choice at the time to not do that – that’s on us. And hindsight is 20-20.”
That said, Marnell says if more delays continue to occur, it may be cause for NSAC to ramp up its own efforts to do more testing of its own to get results back quicker.
“The problem is not that the program didn’t work as it’s intended to work. They did exactly what they were supposed to do – it just took 14 days to get the information to the athletic commission. That’s a problem. And ….View full article
Source:: mma mania