Combate Americas is returning to Mexico.
The promotion announced on Wednesday a new event that’s set to go down at the Auditorio Municipal Tijuana on May 18 in Tijuana, Mexico. The event, themed Mexico vs. El Mundo, will be headlined by a featherweight bout between Andres Quintana and Marco Antonio Elpidio.
Quintana is 13-2 in MMA and currently on a three-fight win streak that includes a win over Copa Combate winner Levy Saul Marroquin. Elpidio is 7-2-1 as a pro fighter.
Additionally, the promotion announced several other bouts for the Combate Americas: Mexico vs. El Mundo event.
In the co-main event, former UFC fighter Mike De La Torre will be taking on Rodrigo Vargas in a lightweight contest.
Also worth noting on the card, promising 22-year-old-Latin-American prospects Christian Quiñonez and Vinicius De Oliveira collide in a bantamweight bout; undefeated Chilean bantamweight prospect Eduardo Torres takes on Kevin Amador; and “Goyito” Perez’s younger brother, 20-year-old Jair Perez, is set to make his pro MMA debut in a lightweight bout against Jesus Blanco.
Below is the full announced match ups for Combate Americas: Mexico vs. El Mundo. The promotion expects to announce more bookings in the near future.
- Andres Quintana (13-2) vs. Marco Antonio Elpidio (7-2-1) – Featherweight
- Rodrigo Vargas (9-2) vs. Mike De La Torre (14-8, 1 NC) – Lightweight
- Christian Quiñonez (10-2) vs. Vinicius De Oliveira Prestes De Matos (9-0) – Bantamweight
- Eduardo Torres (9-0) vs. Kevin Amador (9-8) – Bantamweight
- Vanesa Rico (3-3) vs. Yajaira Romo (3-3) – Atomweight
- Alex Velasco (7-1) vs. Daniel Rodriguez (5-1) – Lightweight
- Jair Perez (0-0) vs. Jesus Blanco (0-1) – Lightweight
- Edgar Chairez (3-0) vs. Alan Cantu (7-3) – Flyweight