Captain America and Iron Man weren’t the only ones involved in a civil war.
Conor McGregor recently had a sit down with Ultimate Fighting Championship higher-ups Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta at a swanky Beverly Hills restaurant to discuss their business moving forward.
This, after “Notorious” was yanked from his headlining duties at UFC 200, which would have seen him rematch Nate Diaz on July 9, 2016 one the biggest pay-per-view (PPV) event of all time in Las Vegas, Nevada. Instead, words were said, retirements were planned and the much-anticipated rematch with Diaz was no more.
As he recently declared on ESPN’s “Sunday Conversation” with Kenny Mayne, the two sides are in a good place now after what he described as “a very-publicized civil war.”
“I was in a time where I was like, figuring out something. I didn’t just shut out and say no to everything. I just wanted to do reasonable media, and then, hey, all of a sudden, ‘Conor, it’s three months from the fight, we’ve got to drag you (onto) 40-hour flights to come and do a runaround, New York, Vegas, California, 70 press conferences, 70 talk shows, adverts, all of this,’ and it’s like, I already made you $400 million last week. That was only last week, that fight. I need to get right. That’s how it all came about. I just wanted to focus and I was deep in the process, and especially at that particular moment, I just wanted a little bit more time. I didn’t shut it off completely. Reasonable media, is what I said. I said I would do New York. I said I would do everything else after that. I just needed another little bit to set myself, and then the lack of communication, they weren’t having it. ….View full article
Source:: mma mania