LAS VEGAS — Conor McGregor’s verbal warfare with WWE is hardly over. And on Friday he took particular aim at the most popular pro wrestler in the company.
“What’s the main guy? John Cena,” the UFC featherweight champion said at a gym day to promote UFC 202. “He’s 40. He’s 40 years of age. He’s walking around in a luminous orange t-shirt and a headband talking about nobody can see him. We can see him right there. He’s a big fat, 40-year-old failed Mr. Olympia mother f*cker.”
McGregor first took aim at WWE stars during a media conference call last week, calling them “messed up p*ssies.” Of course, pro wrestlers and wrestling fans alike took to social media to slam McGregor right back. Many challenged him to a fight. Pro wrestling legend Ric Flair was particularly upset, saying McGregor stole his longtime brash arrogant rich guy gimmick.
“I don’t know what to say to Ric Flair,” McGregor said. “This ain’t no gimmick. This is the real sh*t. I’ve gotta get in and fight a man for real. With no script, with no nothing. He was talking about bringing some other wrestler guys out to challenge me. Come bring it, then. This is the real shit over here. You know want to come over, we can fight no problem. A few of them are talking about the street and all. If they want to do that, come at me and see what happens.”
McGregor, 28, has his big rematch with Nate Diaz coming up in the main event of UFC 202 on Aug. 20 here in Las Vegas at T-Mobile Arena. He has rented out a space and had a makeshift gym built for him. McGregor is dead serious about getting back that loss to Diaz from back at UFC 196 ….View full article
Source:: mma fighting