The Best Resource For Mixed Martial Arts MMA

Conor McGregor opens up on ‘publicized civil war’ with UFC over UFC 200

SHARE
, / 83 0
community news, Conor McGregor opens up on ‘publicized civil war’ with UFC over UFC 200

Conor McGregor broke his silence on Sunday, speaking publicly for the first time about the dispute with the UFC that ultimately led to his removal from UFC 200. In an interview with ESPN, McGregor called the whole situation “a publicized civil war,” stating that there was a lot going on back home and he simply wanted to focus on training for his rematch against Nate Diaz.

“I was in a time where I was like, figuring out something,” McGregor said. “I didn’t just shut out and say no to everything. I just wanted to do reasonable media, and then, hey, all of a sudden, ‘Conor, it’s three months from the fight, we’ve got to drag you (onto) 40-hour flights to come and do a runaround, New York, Vegas, California, 70 press conferences, 70 talk shows, adverts, all of this,’ and it’s like, I already made you $400 million last week. That was only last week, that fight. I need to get right.

“That’s how it all came about. I just wanted to focus and I was deep in the process, and especially at that particular moment, I just wanted a little bit more time. I didn’t shut it off completely. Reasonable media, is what I said. I said I would do New York. I said I would do everything else after that. I just needed another little bit to set myself, and then the lack of communication, they weren’t having it. They were trying to push back on me, I was trying to push back on them, and look, it blew up then.”

As the situation escalated on a public stage, it effectively took over UFC 198 fight week in Las Vegas, culminating in a memorable UFC 200 press conference that was dominated by talk about McGregor’s absence and UFC ….View full article

Source:: mma fighting