The Best Resource For Mixed Martial Arts MMA

Conor McGregor’s Coach Hints at Irishman’s Return, Announcement Coming Soon

SHARE
, / 93 0
community news, Conor McGregor’s Coach Hints at Irishman’s Return, Announcement Coming Soon

While everyone has been wondering how big the rift is between Conor McGregor and the UFC, fear not, it doesn’t appear that the gap is to vast to bridge.

UFC president Dana White, despite the very public falling out with one of his promotion’s top stars, has said all along that he believed McGregor would be fighting again soon, despite being pulled from the UFC 200 fight card. McGregor and UFC brass were at odds over the Irishman’s refusal to fulfill promotional duties for his rematch with Nate Diaz, so he was removed from the fight card altogether.

RELATED > Conor McGregor Blasts Nate Diaz, UFC 200, and Brock Lesnar

It appears that he could be back in the pay-per-view limelight as soon as UFC 201, at least, according to his head coach, John Kavanagh.

Kavangh was on Facebook on Tuesday responding to some fan comments, when he responded to an inquiry about when McGregor might be back in the Octagon.

“(UFC) 201 or 202, announcement soon I’m sure,” Kavanagh responded.

It’s not much, but it’s more than we’ve had to go on previously. As recently as Sunday, McGregor posted on Instagram, still trying to get the UFC to relent and put his fight with Diaz back on the UFC 200 fight card. “Nobody gives a (expletive) about these other fights until this one is settled. Cut the (expletive). Run it back. #RealFight,” McGregor said in a post that has since been deleted.

But it now appears that, much like White, McGregor and his camp are looking beyond UFC 200.

Currently focused on the events through UFC 200, UFC officials have yet to announce specific details for ….View full article

Source:: mmaweekly