The Best Resource For Mixed Martial Arts MMA

Conor McGregor’s response to Anthony Pettis: ‘He’s back on the Fight Pass events’

SHARE
, / 134 0

Last week, Anthony Pettis added his voice to the list of fighters who believe that UFC interim featherweight champion Conor McGregor still hasn’t quite earned his spot.
“Conor’s talking and doing his thing,” Pettis said at Friday’s UFC Fan Club Q&A in Houston. “But he hasn’t beat no one yet.”
On Monday, McGregor responded, saying the former UFC lightweight champion has dropped in status.
“As far as I’m concerned, he’s back on the Fight Pass events,” McGregor said on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour. “He’s lower now.”
By this point, McGregor has grown accustomed to hearing others trash talk his accomplishments, even after finishing Chad Mendes at UFC 189. But he says his mind has moved on to other topics.
“I don’t care,” McGregor said. “Like I said before, I’m not in this game for credit. It’s cash I’m here for, at this level. I am after the numbers. They’ll never give me the credit I deserve, but I do not seek credit from them. I seek cash from them.”

McGregor, for his part, said he wants to know who Pettis has defeated.
“Pettis can say I never fought anybody,” McGregor said. “But he’s never fought anyone. Who’s he fought, really? He’s fought nobody, as ….View original article