The rift between UFC president Dana White and his fastest rising star, Conor McGregor, is really no rift at all.
“Conor and I have been talking every day. We’re going to have dinner next week,” White said during a Wednesday appearance on The Dan Patrick Show. “Our relationship is great, and we’re going to put the little speed bump in the road behind us and move forward. Everything is great.”
The bump in the road that White was referring to, of course, was the very public falling out between McGregor and the UFC when the brash Irishman refused to make the trek to Las Vegas before UFC 197 for a promotional tour for UFC 200. McGregor had been slated to rematch Nate Diaz in the UFC 200 main event on July 9 in Las Vegas.
HOT TOPIC > Dana White Denies ESPN Report: ‘The UFC is Not for Sale’
After McGregor refused to budge on the weeklong promotional tour, the UFC also refused to flinch, which eventually led to White pulling McGregor from the UFC 200 fight card completely.
“McGregor is ready to fight on 200,” said White, but it’s not going to happen. White insists that Diaz vs. McGregor 2 will not be reinstated for what will be the promotion’s biggest fight card of the year.
“He will not be on (UFC) 200. We’re going to get together next week and see what card he’s going to be on,” said White, indicating that the rematch might take place at UFC 202 in August, although that was nowhere near being official.
White insisted that he and McGregor would mend fences and move ….View full article