Conor McGregor might be back in the Octagon before long. Just not when everyone thought he would.
UFC president Dana White told TMZ on Monday that McGregor will not be on the card at UFC 200, but he could return sometime shortly after.
“He’ll fight on 201, 202, 203 — whatever,” said White, who was in Beverly Hills before heading over to watch Paige VanZant on “Dancing With The Stars.” “I don’t know when. We’ll get it figured out.”
UFC 201 is tentatively scheduled for August, but there is no exact date or city announced yet.
McGregor tweeted Sunday night that he was back on the UFC 200 card and thanked White and UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta for giving the fans what they want. White said what McGregor said was not true and he is not sure why he posted it.
“I don’t know,” White said. “I don’t know why he did. I still haven’t talked to him. We had a whole press conference about this. I just don’t know how more clear I can make it.”
McGregor was supposed to have a rematch with Nate Diaz in the main event of UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. But last week McGregor tweeted he was retired and shortly after White explained that McGregor didn’t want to come to Las Vegas to do media for the fight. McGregor said in a statement Thursday that he didn’t want to interrupt his training and would be willing to do media next month when he’s in Los Angeles.
That was unacceptable for the UFC, which spent a lot of money to film a commercial and hold a photo shoot in Las Vegas last week.
“Conor has his own style, has his own ways of doing things,” White said. “It is what it is. We have ….View full article
Source:: mma fighting