Conor McGregor will not fight at UFC 200. No, nope, nyet, nada, not gonna happen.
Okay, with that out of the way, what about Nate Diaz?
When UFC president Dana White took to the podium at the UFC 200/International Fight Week press conference last week, he was definitive in saying that McGregor would not fight at UFC 200, but added that they would find a fight for Diaz to keep him on the card.
“Everybody knows, this thing has pretty much played out in the media. We try to give as much leeway as we can on things, but you have to promote the fight. You have to show up to the press conferences and you have to shoot the commercial. Is it too much to ask?” White said in explaining why McGregor was scratched from UFC 200 before saying that they would get Diaz a fight.
Moments later, however, Diaz said it was Conor McGregor or bust.
RELATED > UFC Shoots Down Conor McGregor’s ‘I’m Back on UFC 200′ Tweet
“I came to fight Conor McGregor and I don’t really have too much interest in anybody else. I don’t really have any interest in fighting at all, but if that’s what we’re gonna do, let’s do it,” said Diaz.
In a new interview with TMZ Sports, White reiterated his desire to keep Diaz on the fight card, but didn’t sound like Diaz had much interest.
“Obviously, I would like to keep Nate (on the UFC 200 fight card),” White said on Monday night. “Nate stands to make a lot of money in 200, I’d like to keep him ….View full article