Daniel Cormier is no stranger to the social media exploits of Jon Jones.
More than once, Cormier has found himself in the crosshairs of Jones’ infamous post-then-delete strategy, whether it be on Twitter or Instagram. So when Jones posted a cordial ‘get well soon’ message after Cormier’s withdrew from UFC 197 due to a knee injury, then doubled down on it with a late-night jab that was quickly deleted, Cormier wasn’t surprised.
“My thing is this: when you look at the times that he tweets, it’s almost like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,” Cormier said last week on The MMA Hour. “In the day, Jon is one person. Then at night, he’s a different person. I think when he’s alone in the middle of the night is when he’s actually just himself, and then he writes stuff like that.”
Jones is expected to make his long-awaited Octagon return against Ovince Saint Preux on April 23 at UFC 197 where an interim UFC light heavyweight belt will be up for grabs. The fight was initially supposed to be against Cormier, who remains the reigning UFC champion, however Cormier’s injury nixed the scheduled rematch.
Early on, it seemed as if Jones took the high road with his rival, electing to only write on Twitter, “I don’t wish injuries on anyone. I hope you have a healthy recovery Daniel. Enjoy that belt.” Later that same night, however, the former UFC light heavyweight champion had a change of heart, penning a second message that read, “So much for being willing to die.”
The tweet was an obvious nod to a line Cormier said during a joint interview with Jones and UFC color commentator Joe Rogan, and Jones wasted little time deleting his post soon after making it.
“I have seen that ….View full article
Source:: mma fighting