THE # 1 SITE FOR Mixed Martial Arts UFC Bellator

Following UFC’s ‘dishonest’ business practices, Michael McDonald granted release

SHARE
, / 31 0



Article Source – bloodyelbow.com
Following UFC’s ‘dishonest’ business practices, Michael McDonald granted release

Michael McDonald is no longer a UFC fighter.

One-time interim title challenger Michael McDonald is no longer a UFC fighter.

After believing that the UFC took part in unacceptable business practices, McDonald requested his release from the UFC last month, he told ESPN.com. It was officially granted to him Thursday.

“The UFC was dishonest in the way they tried to do business with me and it’s resulted in a complete waste of my time,” McDonald said. “I want to feel like my employer isn’t out trying to cut my head off.”

McDonald didn’t specifically state whether talks have started with other organizations, but it does appear that he will indeed continue fighting.

“I’m looking to enter a mutually respectful business contract with another fight organization,” he said.

Earlier this year, McDonald put his UFC career on hold due to financial reasons. He said he was unable to afford a training camp for a fight and had to work a second job. He also claimed that he had tried to get a fight often, but nothing materialized from brief discussions with the organization.

McDonald, who’s currently ranked No. 9 in the 135-pound division’s official standings, returned to the UFC after a two-year-plus layoff at UFC 196 in January 2016 and defeated Masanori Kanehara via submission. Last summer, he headlined UFC Fight Night 91 opposite John Lineker, who finished him in the first round.

Despite plenty of experience, McDonald (17-4) is still only 26 years old and was once considered one of the top bantamweight prospects in the sport.


Source – link to original article