George Lockhart gives an in-depth look at some of the weight cuts from this weekend’s upcoming UFC 223 card, including Max Holloway’s, in this special bonus episode.
Welcome to your weekly dose of Three Amigos Podcast fun. We’ve got a fantastic bonus episode today featuring an in-depth look at some of the weight cuts from this weekend’s upcoming UFC 223 card, including Max Holloway’s, courtesy of special guest, George Lockhart.
- When George found out about the fight and how he decided they could do Holloway’s cut
- How big is Holloway’s cut and what impact does only having six days have on the cut
- If there are any concerns about Max’s previous ankle injury impacting the cut
- Putting Max in a ketogenic state to help him make weight
- How the fighters feel about George’s team working with both Khabib and Max
- How to ensure Max can rehydrate and recover in time for the fight
- Working with eight fighters on the card
- Working with Joanna Jedrzejczyk and her previous weight-cutting issues
- Fighters coming in heavier on fight week
- Working with Anthony Pettis and his previous weight-cutting issues
- Working with Felice Herrig and her interest in nutrition and diet
- The Lockhart & Leith DVD set on BJJFanatics.com
- The Lockhart & Leith certification system for weight management coaches
You can check out the entire show here. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the MMA Nation name. Follow our Twitter accounts: Stephie Haynes, Three Amigos Podcast, Iain Kidd and Mookie Alexander or our Facebook fan page, Three Amigos Pod.