Georges St-Pierre admittedly has “a lot of options” for his highly anticipated return fight.
Tyron Woodley wants to make GSP his first UFC welterweight title defense. Michael Bisping has been poking at the St-Pierre bear. And Donald Cerrone is the latest to call out the former longtime 170-pound champion.
GSP’s top choice? He’s still keeping that pretty close to the vest. But there is one matchup that he keeps going back to. It can be summed up in just three digits: 209.
St-Pierre is very interested in making his return to the UFC against Nick Diaz, he told MMA Fighting on Thursday in a phone interview to promote his new movie “Kickboxer: Vengeance.”
“It could be very possible to happen,” GSP said, slyly.
The Canadian icon fought Diaz back in 2013, winning by unanimous decision. The trash talk between the two men was legendary. That UFC 158 event amassed an estimated 950,000 pay-per-view buys, the second best that year only behind Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva 2 at UFC 168.
St-Pierre, 35, won that fight fairly handily, though Diaz had his moments. Since then, Diaz has spoken about a GSP rematch often. He has said that St-Pierre missed weight for the bout, but the Quebec commission covered it up. Most recently, Diaz has accused St-Pierre’s nurse of drugging him before the contest.
“I beat him, but there was a lot of animosity,” St-Pierre said. “I didn’t feel I fought well that fight. He says I poisoned him and all that kind of stuff. Whatever. He has very good excuses. Even myself, I could make excuses, but I’m not that type of guy. Trust me when I say I didn’t fight as well as I wanted to and it would be fun to do it again.”
St-Pierre (25-2) has not ….View full article
Source:: mma fighting