The UFC went to Hamburg, Germany last week, and on the latest episode of Heavy Hands, your hosts do everything in their power to avoid talking about it. Fortunately, next week’s UFC on Fox card has some superb matchups to preview, analyze, and hopefully distract us from the thought of the brutal, pointless end that awaits every prizefighter, no matter how beloved.
No, but seriously. Eddie Alvarez vs Dustin Poirier… again! This week on Heavy Hands, we tuck into three top-notch fights set for UFC Calgary, and more. Topics include:
- Eddie Alvarez is the reigning king of violence, and maybe the best lightweight there’s ever been–but does his style still match up favorably with Poirier’s?
- Jose Aldo certainly has the skills to do to Jeremy Stephens what he did to Frankie Edgar, but having lost 3 of his last 4, Stephens’ own skills are not to be overlooked.
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk had a tough time with the reach and pressure of Rose Namajunas. Can Tecia Torres present similar problems?
- The Assassination of Shogun Rua by the Coward Anthony Smith
- Nasrat Haqparast’s style evolving in a dominant victory over Marc Diakiese
To download this episode directly, just right-click and save this link.
You can also find Heavy Hands on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher, where you can subscribe and check out all our past episodes.
And if you’re up for even more fight analysis, you ought to check out the Heavy Hands Patreon, where $3 a month gets you access to our bonus episodes and more.