UFC bantamweight champion Henry Cejudo is called the ‘King of Cringe’ for a reason.
In his latest stunt, Cejudo has collaborated with top-five UFC lightweight contender Justin Gaethje to call out former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion Conor McGregor.
Cejudo and Gaethje, who are both managed by Dominance MMA, teamed up to berate the Irishman during Saturday’s UFC Fight Night event in Auckland, New Zealand.
“So I’m sitting here watching the UFC fights with my boy Justin Gaethje,” Cejudo told TMZ Sports,” per MMA Fighting. “And I’m just dumbfounded a little bit, because we’re talking about Conor McGregor. Yeah, that man that likes to sucker-punch the elderly. Yeah, that man that does terrorist attacks in our country. And he thinks he can get the next title fight with Khabib.
“But I know Khabib. Khabib’s a man of honor and integrity. Everything that you’re not, he is. But I got somebody that you could fight to eventually fight for that title that you want. If not, you can stick to the ‘BMF.’ So I have a message for you, or better yet we’ll let Justin Gaethje give the message for you.”
Gaethje then took to the mic to issue the following statement, “‘Triple C,’ the man is not going to fight me,” he said. “What the f*ck do you gotta do? He’s running out of easy fights. I’m sitting here smoking my CBD, waiting for a motherf*cker to punch me in the face. Let’s go. Quit being a p*ssy.”
“Damn, there you go, McGregor,” Cejudo added. “Sign the contract.”
Although nothing is official as of yet, it’s reported that McGregor will take on Gaethje when he returns to the Octagon in the summer. ‘The Notorious’ last fought earlier in January, where he disposed of Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone in just 40 seconds in the UFC 246 main event at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.