The UFC’s first women’s featherweight champion is set to be crowned following Friday’s official early weigh-in, which took place in New York.
Having spent their past several trips to the Octagon fighting at 135 pounds, neither Holly Holm nor Germaine de Randamie had any issues hitting the 145-pound mark for UFC 208, which takes place on Saturday at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
Holm vs. de Randamie headlines the pay-per-view portion of the fight card in a five-round battle for the featherweight belt.
Aside from the title fight, UFC 208 also features Anderson Silva‘s first fight since he lost a short-notice light heavyweight bout to Daniel Cormier last summer. Silva steps back in the Octagon opposite rising middleweight knockout artist Derek Brunson, who hopes to elevate his status with a win over the former middleweight kingpin.
TRENDING > Conor McGregor Adds Fuel to the Floyd Mayweather Fire
A heavyweight bout between Marcin Tybura and Justin Willis was canceled during the weigh-in, when UFC officials announced that Willis was deemed “medically unfit to compete.” The decision to deem Willis unfit was made by New York State Athletic Commission doctors in conjunction with the UFC’s medical staff.
“I did everything I could to make weight for the fight this weekend, but due to the short notice my body shut down during the weight cut and the UFC doctors wouldn’t clear me to fight,” Willis said via his Facebook page.
Willis had stepped in to take the fight earlier this week, after Tybura’s original opponent, Luis Henrique was not cleared by the NYSAC to fight due to concerns about a past eye surgery.
Tybura will received his show money, as he stepped on the scale at 245.4 pounds.
UFC 208: Holm vs. de Randamie Weigh-in Results
- Holly Holm (144.4) vs. Germaine de Randamie (143.6)*
- Anderson Silva (185) vs. Derek Brunson (186)
- Ronald “Jacare” Souza (185.8) vs. Tim Boetsch (185.8)
- Glover Teixeira (205.2) vs. Jared Cannonier (204.4)
- Dustin Poirier (155.2) vs. Jim Miller (154.6)
- Randy Brown (170.6) vs. Belal Muhammad (170.2)
- Wilson Reis (125.2) vs. Ulka Sasaki (125.4)
- Nik Lentz (155.8) vs. Islam Makhachev (155)
- Ian McCall (125.2) vs. Jarred Brooks (125)
- Marcin Tybura (245.4) vs. Justin Willis (—)**
- Ryan LaFlare (170.6) vs. Roan Carneiro (170)
- Rick Glenn (145.8) vs. Phillipe Nover (145.6)
*For Inaugural UFC Women’s Featherweight Championship
**Fight Canceled; Willis did not weigh in.
RELATED > UFC 208: Holm vs. de Randamie Live Results and Fight Stats
Follow MMAWeekly.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram