The UFC St. Louis main event is locked in.
A previously announced featherweight bout between Jeremy Stephens (26-14) and Doo Ho Choi (14-2) will headline the UFC’s Jan. 14 show. The news was confirmed on Saturday’s UFC on FOX 26 broadcast.
Stephens will be competing in his third UFC main event and his first since June 2014, when he lost a unanimous decision to Cub Swanson at a show in San Antonio, Texas. The 12-year veteran recently defeated Gilbert Melendez by unanimous decision to snap a two-fight skid.
For Choi, this will be his first fight since losing to Swanson last December at UFC 206, a bout that was widely hailed as one of the best of 2016. It will also be the first time that the 26-year-old Korean standout has headlined a UFC show.
Prior to the Swanson defeat, Choi had won his first three UFC bouts by first-round knockout.
UFC Fight Night 124 takes place at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., on Jan. 14.
See the updated card below:
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Doo Ho Choi
- Uriah Hall vs. Vitor Belfort
- Paige VanZant vs. Jessica Rose-Clark
- Darren Elkins vs. Michael Johnson
- James Krause vs. Alex White
- Matt Frevola vs. Marco Polo Reyes
- Thiago Alves vs. Zak Cummings
- Kalindra Faria vs. Jessica Eye
- Talita Bernardo vs. Irene Aldana
- Danielle Taylor vs. JJ Aldrich
- Kyung Ho Kang vs. Guido Cannetti