Bellator’s Jimmy Smith discusses McGregor’s chances against Mayweather, Anderson Silva’s demands, Nate Diaz’ star power and more.
Welcome to your weekly dose of Three Amigos Podcast fun. We’ve got a great episode this week, featuring a special guest host, Bellator and PBC commentator extraordinaire, Jimmy Smith. Jimmy sat in for the entire show and even took over this week’s RantyPants™ segment. We also have a new installment of our popular Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg ™ segment.
Ordered Listing with timestamps:
- RantyPants™ – 18:15 (Jimmy Smith rants this week)
- Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™ – 30:00
- Q & A with Jimmy Smith ™ – 49:45
Below is a summary of each segment. As always, we hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as we enjoyed recording it.
Topics of Discussion:
- Anderson Silva’s rant and demands of the UFC for an interim title shot
- Nate Diaz’ rant and MTV Cribs tour
- Implications of Diaz not playing into the UFC’s hands by accepting their fight offers
- Antonio Tarver’s comments on McGregor/Mayweather
- General discussion of McGregor’s chances (or lack thereof) against Mayweather
- Bellator’s building of a deep women’s featherweight division and the UFC likely following suit by adding their own women’s 125-pound division
- Chuck Liddell’s possible comeback
- Discussion of Legends divisions
*Jimmy’s Q & A session consisted of the following questions:
- What info do you try to get from fighters before events to help inform your commentary?
- Is it ever hard to get hold of fighters, ala Stann and Cyborg?
- Has anyone ever taken offense to your commentary?
- Are there additional difficulties in commentating on guys you’ve trained with?
- What’s the biggest screw-up you’ve ever made on commentary?
You can check out the entire show here or via the embedded player below. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the MMA Nation name. Follow our Twitter accounts: Stephie Haynes, Three Amigos Podcast, Iain Kidd and Mookie Alexander or our Facebook fan page, Three Amigos Pod.