Lando Vannata vs. David Teymur is now the new co-main event of UFC 209.
The lightweight fight, which was scheduled to go down in the main card, got promoted to the co-main event slot of Saturday’s UFC event in Las Vegas, Nev. This change was made after the original and highly anticipated co-main event between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov was scrapped from the event.
On Friday, Numagomedov fell ill during his weight cut and was taken to the hospital. “The Eagle” was not cleared by doctors to compete against Ferguson, thus canceling the interim lightweight title fight. With one fight less on the main card of UFC 209, a women’s strawweight fight between Amanda Cooper and Cynthia Calvillo, which was scheduled for the Fight Pass prelims, was promoted to the main card.
The updated card for UFC 209 goes as follows:
Pay-per-view main card:
- Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson
- Lando Vannata vs. David Teymur
- Rashad Evans vs. Dan Kelly
- Amanda Cooper vs. Cynthia Calvillo
- Alistair Overeem vs. Mark Hunt
Fox Sports 1 prelims:
- Marcin Tybura vs. Luis Henrique
- Mirsad Bektić def. Darren Elkins
- Iuri Alcantara vs. Luke Sanders
- Mark Godbeer def. Daniel Spitz
UFC Fight Pass prelims:
- Tyson Pedro vs. Paul Craig
- Albert Morales vs. Andre Soukhamthath
Source:: mma fighting