Luke Rockhold isn’t even sure if Georges St-Pierre will make it to the Octagon against Michael Bisping at UFC 217.
Luke Rockhold is looking make a serious statement in his UFC return against David Branch this Saturday.
Rockhold, the former middleweight champion, is sick of waiting for a title shot while Michael Bisping defends his belt against the likes of Georges St-Pierre (a fight that has been criticized by many fans and fighters).
“I’m (expletive) tired of waiting,” Rockhold told MMAjunkie Radio. “I’m not (expletive) around. I’m tired of this (expletive). I’m tired of talking about it. I’m coming with a vengeance.”
St-Pierre, the former welterweight kingpin, retired in 2013 but announced that he would be making a comeback against Bisping in the hopes of becoming a two-weight world champ.
Rockhold, though, thinks ‘Rush’ is a joke and isn’t convinced that he even shows up at UFC 217.
“I think Georges St-Pierre is a joke,” Rockhold said. “I still don’t have faith that Georges makes it to the fight, so we’ll see what happens.”
The middleweight championship tilt between Bisping and St-Pierre was initially booked for August but cancelled — and then rebooked again — for UFC 217 on November 4.
GSP has been out of the Octagon for four years while Bisping, 38, has been criticized for not defending the title against the divisional elite.
Rockhold, who hasn’t fought since he lost the 185-pound strap to Bisping last year, meets David Branch at UFC Fight Night 116 on September 16 at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.