Another violent incident has taken place around a mixed martial arts event in Liverpool, England.
According to The Liverpool ECHO, a violent attacked occurred outside of Liverpool’s ECHO arena on Saturday night. The arena had just hosted Cage Warriors 82, featuring Paddy Pimblett versus Nad Narimani in the main event.
The ECHO reports that at around 11:30pm, a group of friends exited the arena and were crossing Kings Dock when they were approached by a man whom they had argued with earlier in the evening. This approaching individual allegedly attacked the group, stabbing a 20-year-old man and breaking the jaw of a 47-year-old man.
Both victims of the attack were taken to a nearby hospital and were treated for their injuries.
The attacker, who was described as a white male of medium height and build wearing navy blue t-shirt and trousers, walked off towards a bar after the incident. At the Premier Inn, he is said to have met up with two women. Detectives ask that anyone with information regarding the attack contact them on 0151 777 4065 or via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Cage Warriors is a London-based MMA promotion that has been putting on events since 2002. The promotion has hosted many notable UFC fighters in the past, including Conor McGregor, Michael Bisping, and Gegard Mousasi
The attack at Cage Warriors 82 comes less than a month after a wild brawl broke out at another Liverpool-based MMA show.
On March 4th, the Great Georges Cultural Community Project aka The Black-E played host to an MMA event that saw a spectator enter the ring and attack one of the fighters. This incident ignited a mass brawl involving at least 20 individuals. During the fracas bottles and chairs were used as weapons. The fighting inside the ring spread through the entire venue, as well as out onto the streets.
Cameras inside the venue captured some of the chaos, including a group of men beating an individual on the ground, who appears to be unconscious.
@itsnotgarry @WarriorLFC a mate sent me this earlier pic.twitter.com/WR0Xxtw8pc
— Neil Thomas JFT96 (@Neil81Thomas) March 5, 2017
On April 1st, Merseyside Police revealed to The Liverpool ECHO that two men injured in the brawl at the Black-E are still refusing to cooperate with police. Detectives said they have also not received any cooperation from the 200-strong audience who witnessed the event. The ECHO also stated that police believe some of the people involved in the brawl are “connected” to criminal gangs. Anyone who has information pertaining to this incident is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 1111.