THE # 1 SITE FOR Mixed Martial Arts UFC Bellator

Mayweather retracts August 26 date request with Nevada commission for McGregor fight

SHARE
, / 13 0



Article Source – bloodyelbow.com
Mayweather retracts August 26 date request with Nevada commission for McGregor fight

Not long after requesting a hold on the MGM Grand Arena for August 26th, Floyd Mayweather has retracted it.

It doesn’t appear that August 26th will be the date that Floyd Mayweather faces off with Conor McGregor after all. It had been reported that Mayweather, through his promotional company, had requested the date with the Nevada State Athletic Commission to stage a fight at the MGM Grand Arena. However, it has been reported by the LA Times that he retracted that request not long after making it.

The item was on the agenda for a Wednesday meeting of the commission, and NAC head Bob Bennett said Mayweather Promotions has the ability to re-add the request to the agenda before then.

One thing that was revealed on the agenda item is that the potential bout between the undefeated Mayweather and UFC lightweight champion McGregor would air on Showtime.

If the date is indeed not in play, the bout would likely take place in November due to arena bookings and other factors. Neither fighter is actually licensed to box in Nevada at the moment either, but Bennett told the LA Times that the process wouldn’t take long if they did indeed want the fight to take place in August.


Source – link to original article