The Best Resource For Mixed Martial Arts MMA

Morning Report: Chad Mendes responds to ‘disrespectful’ Frankie Edgar, ‘I would never take a dive’

SHARE
, / 138 0

Turns out, Frankie Edgar wasn’t all the impressed with Chad Mendes’ performance against Conor McGregor at UFC 189 in July.

With featherweight champion Jose Aldo withdrawing due to an injured rib, Mendes stepped in on 18 days notice. Although Mendes dominated the Irishman for the better part of two rounds, McGregor managed to score the TKO win late in the second.

Mendes lost out on the interim UFC featherweight crown, but pocketed a cool $500,000 for his trouble.

Last week, Edgar stopped by the Anik and Florian podcast to weigh-in on Mendes, who he’ll face Dec. 11 at The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale.

“You know, I think he was looking for a way out,” Edgar told the UFC commentators. “I know it’s tough coming off two weeks notice and supposedly he broke his foot and whatnot but you’ve got to go into every fight trying to win, man. You can’t be fighting for a paycheck. If you’re fighting for a paycheck, I’m the wrong guy to be standing across the cage from.”

Well, Mendes obviously didn’t appreciate that take.

“I think that’s super disrespectful,” said Mendes. “There’s no way I’m ever going into any fight looking for a paycheck, ….View original article

Source:: mma fighting