UFC bantamweight Uriah Faber says he asked the UFC to take extra precautions to ensure bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz would not pull out of their scheduled fight for June 4.
It’s almost time to put up or shut up.
In the past few months, Urijah Faber and Dominick Cruz have been sniping back and forth at each other through various media interviews in the build up to their bantamweight championship fight this Saturday at UFC 199. Faber has accused Cruz of PED usage and says the champion isn’t “made for battle” while Cruz has called Faber a “jealous car salesman” and been generally dismissive of the former WEC champion’s evolution as a fighter. Last weekened, Faber spoke with John Pollock of Fight Network about finally getting to fight Cruz and how Faber feels about the verbal sparring that’s been going on between the two of them.
“[Cruz] is a dope, man. I’ve always been under that guy’s skin. I don’t really think about him but he spends a lot of time thinking about me. I think the reason is because I’ve been fighting. He’s been sitting around doing whatever. Who knows what he’s been doing? He’s been commentating, whatever. I’ve been fighting man. I’ve had my mind full doing, doing, doing. So it’s pretty fun. I like the banter back and forth. He’s okay at it. I think he thinks he’s better than he is at it but I enjoy it.”
The verbal warfare between Cruz and Faber goes back almost a decade when the two first fought all the way back in 2007, where Faber successfully defended his WEC featherweight championship by submitting Cruz with a guillotine choke in the first round. Since then Cruz went on to become the WEC bantamweight champion and then the UFC ….View full article
Source:: mma fighting