The build up between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz before UFC 196 was epic. It’s hard to believe the trash talk between the two men didn’t lead to the near record pay-per-view buy totals the event garnered.
Who could forget the press conference at UFC Gym? Or the fight week presser when McGregor punched Diaz’s hands? And how about that priceless MSNBC back-and-forth interview that everyone was buzzing about?
The lead up to UFC 196 was extremely memorable. But Diaz also feels like it was kind of contrived — at least from McGregor’s side.
“It seemed like a lot of scripted stuff was going on,” Diaz told FOX Sports’ At The Buzzer on Wednesday. “Maybe he was serious about what he was saying, but it sounded like some bullsh*t to me.”
Come hang LIVE with @TheBuzzer’s Andy Nesbitt and UFC star Nate Diaz!
Posted by UFC on FOX on Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Diaz didn’t go as far as saying that McGregor was selling wolf tickets, but he came close. Not that it mattered anyway. After taking a beating in the first round, Diaz came back to rock McGregor in the second and submit him with a rear-naked choke.
“No matter what people say, no matter if he’s winning the argument battles or losing the argument battles … at the end of the day we’re still gonna get in there and fight,” Diaz said. “I know what I train with and what I work with and what he’s working with. And yeah.”
The two will meet again in the main event of UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas, MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani reported last week. The UFC has not officially announced the fight, so Diaz did not mention it on their air during ….View full article
Source:: mma fighting