THE # 1 SITE FOR Mixed Martial Arts UFC Bellator

Nevada Athletic Commission releases statement regarding Nick Diaz settlement talks

SHARE
, / 147 0
Nevada Athletic Commission releases statement regarding Nick Diaz settlement talks

Nick Diaz being suspended for five years is looking less and less likely.

The Nevada Athletic Commission released a statement Wednesday, confirming that it is indeed in settlement talks with Diaz’s legal team despite its decision last month to suspend Diaz five years and fine him $165,000 for a third marijuana offense.

The statement, from NAC chairman Francisco Aguilar, did say that Diaz’s case would not be discussed during the upcoming NAC meeting Thursday.

“As a reminder to the general public, the Nick Diaz disciplinary matter will not be on the agenda at the regularly scheduled meeting of the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s on Thursday, October 29, 2015 in Las Vegas,” Aguilar said. “Settlement discussions between the NSAC and Mr. Diaz and his counsel are on-going.”

Sources told MMA Fighting on Tuesday night that Diaz’s legal team was in settlement discussions with the NAC. One source with knowledge of the situation speculated that Diaz would even be allowed to fight in the UFC by summer 2016. Diaz posted Tuesday on Instagram that the UFC’s law firm Campbell & Williams was making progress in talks with the commission.

Lucas Middlebrook, Diaz’s lead counsel, did confirm with MMA Fighting that the NAC has yet ….View original article

Source:: mma fighting