The Best Resource For Mixed Martial Arts MMA

Not-mad Dana White reveals how Conor McGregor can still fight at UFC 200

SHARE
, / 84 0
community news, Not mad Dana White reveals how Conor McGregor can still fight at UFC 200

The clock is ticking…

There is a very slim possibility that reigning Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight champion Conor McGregor will still be able to make his welterweight main event for UFC 200, which takes place on July 9, 2016 inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

First, “Notorious” must un-retire.

In the next year, will @TheNotoriousMMA fight in the @ufc? #TheHerdhttps://t.co/oIMDy70aM4

— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) April 20, 2016

Once that little detail is taken care of, McGregor must also agree to fulfill his promotional duties required before stepping into the cage against Nate Diaz, who submitted the Irish superstar in the UFC 196 headliner last month in “Sin City.” After all, it was that — and not some bogus claim about money demands — that got “Mystic Mac” pulled from UFC 200.

That’s what promotion president Dana White told Colin Cowherd.

“If he called me after this interview we could probably still do it. The problem is this: you have to be here to promote your fight and you have to shoot these commercials. We’re spending like $10 million dollars in promotion for UFC 200 and all that money is emotion. You can’t do this, I don’t care who you are.”

White, who admitted the featherweight champ gets preferential treatment (sorry, Frankie) for his ability to deliver the goods, insists he’s not mad at McGregor and their relationship suffered no damage. “Notorious” simply failed to hold up his end of the bargain, but it’s not personal.

Uh huh.

Until McGregor and UFC can figure out the next step, the UFC 200 fight card (see it) is unlikely to get a new main event. That said, I would expect an announcement — in either direction ….View full article

Source:: mma mania