“I said football stadiums. I said world titles. This is what I said and this is what is happening. It’s a beautiful thing when you have the ability to predict the future, and that is what I feel I have.”
– January 2015, ahead of McGregor’s UFC Fight Night Boston bout against Dennis Siver.
“We’re not just here to take part….we’re here to take over.”
– July 2014, following McGregor’s win over Diego Brandao at UFC Fight Night Dublin.
“These custom-made suits aren’t cheap. This solid gold pocket watch, three people died making this watch. I need to put people away. I need those big fights. I’m going to end up in debt pretty fast.”
– August 2013, UFC Fight Night Boston post-fight press conference following McGregor’s win over Max Holloway.
“The only weight I give a f*** about is the weight of the cheques and my cheques are super-heavyweight.”
– February 2016, ahead of McGregor’s bout with Nate Diaz at UFC 196.
“I am cocky in prediction. I am confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”
– September 2014, following McGregor’s win over Dustin Poirier at UFC 178.
“I own this town, I own Rio de Janeiro, so for him to say that he is the king and I am the joker, if this was a different time, I would invade his favela on horseback, and would kill anyone who wasn’t fit to work. But we’re in a new time, so I’ll whoop his ass instead.”
– March 2015, ahead of McGregor’s scheduled bout with Jose Aldo at UFC 189.
“There are two things I really like to do and that’s whoop ass and look good. I’m doing one of them right now and on Saturday night, I’m doing the other.”
– August 2013, ahead of McGregor’s bout against Max ….View full article