The Best Resource For Mixed Martial Arts MMA

Ready for ‘war,’ Conor McGregor still unsure he’ll defend Featherweight belt after Nate Diaz rematch at UFC 202

SHARE
, / 72 0
community news, Ready for war, Conor McGregor still unsure hell defend Featherweight belt after Nate Diaz rematch at UFC 202

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) interim Featherweight champion Jose Aldo may have to get used to the idea of never getting a chance to avenge his loss to current division kingpin, Conor McGregor. That’s because “Notorious” is unsure what his next move will be after he takes on Nate Diaz for a second time at Welterweight in the main event of UFC 202, which is set to go down on Aug. 20, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nevada.

“I haven’t really spoke about it to anyone about what’s next,” he recently stated during a media conference call (audio replay here). “Who knows what’s next? Right now I’m 15 days away from a war and I’m ready for the war. So that’s all I’m thinking of right now. So let’s have this war.”

McGregor initially defeat Aldo via first-round knockout at UFC 194 in Dec. 2015, dethroning the long-time champ from the top of the 145-pound mountain. “Junior” went on to claim the interim strap by outclassing Frankie Edgar at UFC 200 just last month.

And believe it or not, McGregor was happy for Aldo (transcription via FOX Sports).

“To see Aldo come back and win that fight against Frankie, I was happy for Aldo,” he said. “When you see a long-time champion get knocked down like that, the way I knocked him out. I said it then, I felt sorry for him a little bit. Then on top of that Frankie’s team, they were all talking (expletive) — that fat coach who holds mitts, he was talking a lot. He’s still talking (expletive). That’s why I was there (at UFC 200), I wanted to see, if this (expletive) comes through this and can do what he’s saying, well then it’s on. For now, Aldo’s taken that belt again. I was scheduled to ….View full article

Source:: mma mania