The Best Resource For Mixed Martial Arts MMA

Report: UFC welterweight Abdul Razak Alhassan indicted on March sexual assault charge

82 0

Warning – This article contains graphic details of an alleged sexual assault.

A very troubling story involving a UFC welterweight has come to light. According to a report from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 33-year-old Abdul Razak Alhassan has been indicted on two charges, including a count of sexual assault, based on an incident that took place in March – five months before he fought and defeated Niko Price at UFC 228. Alhassan has reportedly been free on a $20,000 bond since April, in relation to the incident.

The article states that Alhassan was working as the head of security at the Varsity Tavern in Fort Worth and drove two intoxicated female patrons home – one of which was under the legal drinking age, and that he had let into the establishment earlier in the night. He allegedly stated that he wanted the 20-year-old’s phone number “in exchange for the favor” of letting her into the bar. She gave it to him.

Once inside, the 20-year-old and 22-year-old women consumed “a lot of alcohol,” according to the younger of the two in the affidavit. She lost sight of her friend, but eventually found her in a utility closet with Alhassan, who she stated was “all over” her friend. She reportedly got her friend out of there, but the 22-year-old “appeared to be wasted and did not remember what was going on.”

The older of the two women reportedly has no memory of the entire incident, but the 20-year-old states that she remembers going back to her house – where she resides with her parents – and Alhassan was “carrying her friend into the bedroom.”

“She said the defendant laid (the first woman) on the bed and she believed the defendant had left the residence,” the affidavit states. “She said she went into the kitchen to get a drink and when she returned the defendant was standing in the corner of her bedroom.”

The affidavit further states that the 20-year-old female said Alhassan then “grabbed her from behind, shoved her face first into the bed, holding her down and removing the spandex shorts she had on under her dress.” He then raped her, according to the statement.

Following that, she states that Alhassan then raped her friend.

The affidavit says “she did not scream during the assault on her because her face was pushed into the bed. She also said she did not scream or try to help (the 22-year-old woman) after the defendant began assaulting her because she was so intoxicated she was still out of it and was trying to piece together what was going on as it was occurring.”

The younger woman then says she went to speak to her mother about the incident. Her mother had previously let them into the house after she had misplaced her keys, and she explained why they got a ride home from Alhassan. The mother found a used condom on top of the friend’s purse in the room, and the 22-year-old was vomiting. She put both the condom and the friend’s panties into a ziploc, which were later provided to the police.

The affidavit states that police were called to a Fort Worth hospital on March 24th in regards to a sexual assault of the 22-year-old. The 20-year-old reported her sexual assault the next day. The 20-year-old’s report came the next day because she remembered more as she sobered up, including her own sexual assault.

The reason the two women were attending the bar that night was to celebrate the birthday of a Fort Worth police officer who also occasionally worked at the establishment. The affidavit states that he danced with one of the girls, but he did not see them for the rest of the night until he received a call from them when the bar was about to close. He said one of the girls was found in the alley, and Alhassan told him he was just walking the alleged victims to their vehicle.

As mentioned above, Alhassan was released on $20,000 bond in April. In May, his lawyer successfully lobbied to have his bond conditions changed so he didn’t have to wear his GPS monitor when he was out of the county, citing his need to train and travel to sustain his fighting career.

In regards to his work at the Tavern, the general manager stated that Alhassan had quit “months ago.”

“He said he had some personal stuff to go through and that was it.”

As of now, neither Alhassan’s attorney nor the UFC have commented on the incident. Alhassan has fought for the UFC since late 2016, going 4-1 in five bouts. He last competed in September, winning his fight by first-round knockout.

Source – link to original article