Web
Analytics

The Best Resource For Mixed Martial Arts MMA

Sacramento sheriff to investigate Nate Diaz for alleged battery

30 0

The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department will be looking into Nate Diaz and his involvement in a near brawl that broke out Friday night at a Combate Americas event, MMA Fighting has learned.

Deputies responded to the event, which took place at the McClellan Conference Center in McClellan Park, Calif., after a scuffle broke out. Officers took an incident report from UFC fighter Clay Guida, who is accusing Diaz of battery, per Sacramento sheriff spokesperson Sgt. Shaun Hampton.

Guida’s manager John Fosco told MMA Fighting that Diaz shoved Guida from behind unprompted, causing Guida to stumble into a metal guardrail and split open his lip. Sources on the scene told MMA Fighting that Guida was bleeding in the aftermath of the incident.

Tyler Diamond, Guida’s training partner at Team Alpha Male and a cast member on The Ultimate Fighter 27, took to Twitter on Friday night to accuse Diaz of slapping him during the altercation.

The case against Diaz will now be assigned to a detective and the sheriff’s department will open up an investigation, Hampton said.

“If it is found the victim was assaulted then a warrant request will be completed and submitted to the District Attorney’s office for review,” Hampton said. “The filing decision will be up to the DA.”

Diaz, who was at the Combate Americas event cornering teammate Chris Avila, declined comment through a spokesperson.

Guida has been challenging Diaz to a UFC fight on social media and in the press recently. He owns a victory over Diaz at UFC 94 in 2009. Guida’s last six tweets or retweets on Twitter are about Diaz.

In his next fight, Guida, a 17-year MMA veteran, will face Bobby Green at UFC 225 on June 9 in Chicago.

Diaz, meanwhile, has not fought since a loss to Conor McGregor in 2016. He has been tied to a bout with Georges St-Pierre this summer, but seemed to shoot the idea down last week.




Source – link to original article