This week, Submission Radio chats with Luke Rockhold, Bas Rutten, Javier Mendez and Dan Kelly. Also, Damon Martin (FOX Sports) joins the roundtable to discuss MMA’s hot topics.
Submission Radio returns this week with another packed episode, featuring interviews with Luke Rockhold, Bas Rutten, AKA head coach Javier Mendez and the big winner from UFC 209, Dan Kelly. Also, Damon Martin (FOX Sports) returns and joins the roundtable discuss to talk Michael Bisping vs. GSP, Tyron Woodley’s PR troubles, Demian Maia’s elusive title shot and more!
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
Luke Rockhold returns to the program (at 1:26:37 the mark) to discuss:
- The state of the middleweight division
- Michael Bisping vs. GSP
- Who he thinks will win and if he thinks GSP would ever stay at middleweight
- His disappointment in the UFC’s decision to hold up the middleweight division
- Who he wants next upon his return
- Michael Bisping’s comments towards him
- Preferring a rematch with Bisping over a title shot
- Losing faith in ever fighting Anderson Silva
- His knee injury and what his return timeline looks like
- His recent trip to Australia and more!
“El Guapo“ Bas Rutten returns to Submission Radio (at the 56:18 mark) to discuss the hot topics in MMA, including:
- Michael Bisping vs. GSP and if Bas is a fan of the match-up
- Who he’s picking to win and GSP’s long layoff and if it’ll be a factor in the fight
- The controversial fight between Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson and who Bas thought won
- Tyron Woodley voicing his frustration and what’s next for the welterweight champ
- Why Alistair Overeem has been looking so good lately
- What to do with Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson
- Conor McGregor’s next opponent
- The new Logan movie
- How he overcame his past drug addiction and more!
AKA head coach Javier Mendez stops by (at the 26:53 mark) to discuss:
- Khabib Nurmagomedov being forced out of UFC 209
- If the fight should be re-booked and if Khabib could be ready in time for UFC 210
- How Javier saw Khabib beating Tony Ferguson
- Who the tougher fight is between Tony Ferguson and Conor McGregor
- Khabib’s father wanting Khabib to retire soon
- What makes his relationship with Khabib so special
- Khabib’s grappling compared to Cain Velasquez and Daniel Cormier
- The new approach to his fighters sparring and argument he’s had with fighters when he tells them they can’t spar
- Cain’s injuries and if they’ve changed him as a fighter
- When Cain will fight again and who Javier wants to see him face
- Daniel Cormier’s upcoming fight against Anthony Johnson and how Javier sees it finishing, and more!
Dan Kelly returns to Submission Radio (at the 4:49 mark) to discuss:
- His big win over Rashad Evans at UFC 209
- The reaction from his wife and kids and how he celebrated
- Getting more recognition and respect from fighters afterwards
- What went through his mind as he entered the octagon
- His gameplan and what it was like during the fight
- Rashad ripping his shorts and what exactly happened
- Joe Rogan hilariously asking about his knee brace
- Rashad being classy in defeat
- How this win washes away some of the regret Dan has about his Judo career and if he ever thought MMA would have that effect on him
- Who he wants next and when he’ll fight again.
Damon Martin (Fox Sports) joins the roundtable discussion (at the 1:44:58 mark) to break down the big topics in MMA, including:
- Michael Bisping vs. GSP and if the fight makes sense
- Who wins and how much of a factor GSP’s layoff and Bisping’s size will be
- If Anderson Silva vs. GSP still has value and if we want to see it happen
- Tyron Woodley’s promotion issues and fans not getting behind him
- Tyron’s next options in terms of opponents
- Demian Maia’s elusive title shot and if he’s being mistreated by the UFC
- Robert Whittaker vs. Jacare Souza
- A big review of the new X-Men movie, Logan!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @SubmissionAUS and interact with us, as we love chatting with you guys. You can also catch every episode of Submission Radio on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Soundcloud.
Subscribe to Submission Radio on Youtube