This week, Submission Radio chats with Jorge Masvidal, Ryan Bader, Johny Hendricks and Ronda Rousey’s Judo coach Justin Flores. Elias Cepeda (FloCombat) joins the roundtable and breaks down hot topics. Also, Tommy Toe Hold makes another fun appearance!
Submission Radio is back with a fun show in store, featuring interviews with Jorge Masvidal, Ryan Bader, Johny Hendricks and Ronda Rousey’s Judo coach Justin Flores. Elias Cepeda (FloCombat) helps discuss “Raging” Al Iaquinta’s post-fight rage, Diego Sanchez’s fighting future, Cris Cyborg’s tumultuous relationship with the UFC and more. Also, MMA’s favorite cartoon comedian Tommy Toe Hold stops by to predict what this year’s international fight week should look like.
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
Jorge “Gamebred“ Masvidal makes his first appearance on the program (at the 1:27:18 mark) to discuss:
- His upcoming fight against Demian Maia at UFC 211
- Why he called out Maia when so many other fighters didn’t want to fight him
- Why Maia’s usual tricks won’t work on him
- Where Maia ranks compared to his past opponents
- Why he loves wrestling so much
- How much the UFC values him and if they’ll promote him more after this fight
- How his frustration almost led him to take a different path with his career and even contemplate professional boxing
- His $200,000 bet with Dana White
- Facing his ATT teammate Tyron Woodley for the title
- The possibility of facing Nick Diaz
- His recent trip to Columbia and the wild cuisine he ate there, and lots more!
Bellator’s hottest new roster addition Ryan “Darth“ Bader returns (at the 3:07 mark) to discuss:
- The recent announcement of King Mo withdrawing from their bout and him now facing Phil Davis at Bellator 180 for the light heavyweight title
- What’s different about this fight and if he feels like Phil has improved since he beat him in 2015
- Phil’s comments and if he thinks “Mr Wonderful” is underestimating him
- What it’s like to finally be fighting for a world title after all these years
- How it feels to officially be out of the UFC after such a long history with the company
- His thoughts on Anthony Johnson’s shock retirement
- Who he’d like to face out of Chael Sonnen, Wanderlei Silva, Matt Mitrione or Fedor Emelianenko
- His “Master Bader” technique series where he appears to be giving fight tips while naked
- His gun and knife skills
- Chasing away a coyote with a kids tricycle and more!
Ronda Rousey’s Judo coach, Justin Flores makes his first appearance on Submission Radio (at the 23:47 mark) to talk about:
- Efficiently applying Judo in MMA
- How he began training MMA fighters
- How he met Ronda and what made their relationship so special
- Ronda’s loss to Amanda Nunes at UFC 207
- How much the loss to Holly Holm affected Ronda and if she ever truly recovered
- Edmond Tarverdyan’s influence and if Ronda would ever train with another striking coach
- Why Ronda never utilised traditional wrestling takedowns
- If Ronda will ever return to the UFC and fight again, and more!
Tommy Toe Hold makes a fun appearance (at the 57:59 mark) to list the top three biggest possible fights for international fight week!
“Big Rigg“ Johnny Hendricks drops by (at the 1:01:14 mark) to talk about:
- His upcoming fight against Tim Boetsch at UFC Fight Night 112
- Life as a middleweight and what it was like to beat Hector Lombard and get his first win in two years
- Getting his love back for MMA now that 170 is behind him
- The most brutal cuts of his career
- What his preparations look like these days
- Putting the retirement talk to rest
- How he feels he matches up against Tim Boetsch
- Georges St-Pierre returning as a middleweight against Michael Bisping
- Who Johny thinks will win
- Why Johny wants to retire GSP again
- His title aspirations at middleweight and more!
Elias Cepeda of FloCombat joins the roundtable (at the 1:49:14 mark) to break down the recent big topics in MMA, including:
- The aftermath from UFC Nashville
- Mike Perry and Jake Ellenberger’s futures
- If Diego Sanchez should retire
- Al Iaquinta’s ongoing frustrations with the UFC
- Cris Cyborg’s heated relationship with the UFC, and more!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @SubmissionAUS and interact with us, as we love chatting with you guys. You can also catch every episode of Submission Radio on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Soundcloud.
Subscribe to Submission Radio on Youtube