This week, Submission Radio chats with Tony Ferguson, Kevin Lee, and Frank Shamrock. Damon Martin (FOX Sports) joins the roundtable and discusses Anderson Silva’s retirement threat, international fight week and more!
Submission Radio is back with a spicy episode, featuring interviews with Tony Ferguson (who drops bombs), Kevin Lee and Frank Shamrock. Regular SR resident Damon Martin returns to discuss Anderson Silva’s frustration and interim title demands, Cris Cyborg vs. Megan Anderson, why fans may want to lower their hopes for this year’s international fight week, and lots more!
A very fired up Tony “El Cucuy” Ferguson returns to Submission Radio (at the 52:59 mark) to give an update on his status since his fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov fell through at UFC 209, as well as:
- Who he wants to fight next
- Nate Diaz going soft since making money and turning down fights
- Sharing the same management as Conor McGregor and if there’s a conflict of interest
- What kind of return timeline he’s aiming for
- His interest in fighting at welterweight
- Why he’d rather his son do something other than fighting
- Brock Lesnar offering him junk food during TUF, and more!
“The Motown Phenom” Kevin Lee makes his first appearance on SR (at the 3:39 mark) to discuss:
- His fight against Michael Chiesa at UFC Fight Night 112
- The feeling of headlining over such veterans as John Hendricks, BJ Penn, Lil Nog
- Floyd Mayweather requesting his services to help him prepare for Conor McGregor
- How he thinks that fight will play out
- Al Iaquinta targeting him on twitter and their feud over the years
- His thoughts on Iaquinta’s recent rage against the UFC
- If he’s happy with the way he’s being promoted by the UFC
- Wanting to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov and Khabib turning him down in the past
- The standstill at the top of the division and Conor currently not defending his belt
- Looking to have a similar breakout year to Cody Garbrandy and Jon Jones, and more!
MMA pioneer and legend, Frank Shamrock returns to the program (at the 27:30 mark) to discuss:
- His new show “Bake Out”
- How Marijuana was a crucial part of his career
- How he consumed it and what kind of benefits it gave him
- How he managed his use around fights so as not to fail tests
- The recent changes in the UFC and if the company is plateauing
- The recent out-pour of fighters voicing their frustration with the company
- How Reebok has affected things
- If he believes the Fertitta brothers sold the UFC because the foresaw this
- If Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather is good for business or detrimental to MMA
- Why the fight will be a disappointment
- If Bellator can use this time to gain ground and become a competitor to the UFC, and more!
Damon Martin (FOX Sports) joins the roundtable discussion (at the 1:15:15 mark) to talk about:
- Anderson Silva blasting the UFC and demanding an interim title fight against Yoel Romero at UFC 212
- Al Iaquinta’s new Trump-like twitter persona and where it’s leading
- The latest rumours for International Fight Week and if fans should lower their expectations this year
- Cris Cyborg vs. Megan Anderson at UFC 214
- The hurdles that may delay Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier from being locked in for UFC 214
- Jon Jones’ punishment affecting Daniel Cormier
- Reviews for Guardians of the Galaxy 2
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @SubmissionAUS and interact with us, as we love chatting with you guys. You can also catch every episode of Submission Radio on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Soundcloud.
Subscribe to Submission Radio on Youtube