This week, Submission Radio chats with Roy Nelson, Tito Ortiz and Alex Volkanovski. Also, John Morgan (MMA Junkie) joins the roundtable and previews UFC Singapore.
Submission Radio returns this week for another action-packed show, featuring interviews with Roy Nelson, Tito Ortiz, Alex Volkanovski, as well as a UFC Singapore preview with MMA Junkie’s own John Morgan.
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
Roy “Big Country” Nelson makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss:
- His recent move to Bellator
- Why he left the UFC
- Having to promote himself and his own fights in the UFC
- Scott Coker understanding who he is and how different it is compared to dealing with Dana White
- Bellator 180
- Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei
- How he thinks Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione plays out
- If he’d like to fight Fedor next
- Thoughts on the Bellator heavyweight division
- The craziest thing a fan asked him to sign
- Wanting to cross-promote on Spike TV, and more!
MMA icon “The People’s Champion” Tito Ortiz returns to the program to discuss:
- His recent twitter feud with Chuck Liddell
- The face-off staredown picture Chuck posted and how it even happened
- Why he said what he said over social media
- If Chuck really wants to fight him and if Tito is interested
- His current relationship with Chuck and their history over the years
- How a fight would play out between the two of them today
- If he thinks Chuck should still be fighting
- Cris Cyborg’s recent issues and punching Angela Magana
- If Cris really wants to fight in the UFC
- Cyborg having an opponent for UFC 214
- Retired life and why he’s so busy, poker stories and more!
Alex “The Great” Volkanovski makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss:
- His recent win at UFC Auckland
- The injury he sustained in the fight
- Having a staph infection just prior to the fight and then getting sick the night before
- His long journey to get into the UFC
- Why it took so long and how his past management ruined his initial opportunity
- Why he wanted to do MMA in the first place
- Almost quitting MMA at one point
- Originally playing Rugby and weighing 97 kilos
- What it was like being so big and if he got into Rugby fights
- Rugby players transitioning into MMA
- Where his knockout power comes from
- His thoughts on the featherweight division and Max Holloway as champ
- Wanting to fight “the bad guys” and why he’s not a fan of trash talk
- If he still plans on moving down to bantamweight, and more!
John Morgan of MMA Junkie jumps on to preview UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Correia and such fights as:
- Holly Holm vs. Bethe Correia
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcin Tybura
- Dong Hyun Kim vs. Colby Covington
- Tarec Saffiedine vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Derrick Lewis’ potential retirement and more!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @SubmissionAUS and interact with us, as we love chatting with you guys. You can also catch every episode of Submission Radio on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Soundcloud.
Subscribe to Submission Radio on Youtube