This week, Submission Radio chats with John Morgan (MMA Junkie), Robin Black (The Fight Network) and Karim Zidan (Bloody Elbow). Also, John Kavanagh returns to the program.
Submission Radio is back this week with a fun preview of UFC 209: Woodley vs. Thompson 2, featuring the expert analysis and opinions of MMA Junkie’s John Morgan, the highly energetic and insightful Robin Black and Bloody Elbow’s very own Karim Zidan. Also, Conor McGregor’s coach John Kavanagh returns to the show to talk about his upcoming Australian tour and Conor McGregor’s future.
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
Head coach and founder of SBG in Dublin, Ireland John Kavanagh returns to Submission Radio for the first time in over 2 years (at the 50:05 mark) to discuss:
- His upcoming Australian tour
- The rumors and developments of Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather
- If he wants Conor to take a chance at boxing one of the greatest boxers of all time
- UFC 209 and Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson
- If Conor will fight the winner in his return fight
- GSP’s return and where he stands on that super fight
- What goals he has left for his coaching career
- The level of fame he has in Ireland
- Fun things he wants to do while in Australia, and more!
John Morgan (MMA Junkie) returns (at the 6:11 mark) to help preview UFC 209 and talk about some of the big stories in MMA, including:
- Georges St-Pierre’s return
- The seemingly inevitable fight between Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather
- Why it wouldn’t make sense to do the fight outside of the UFC
- What the undercard of the event would look like and if Anderson Silva vs. Roy Jones Jr. could make the cut
- fun stories from his time covering the sport and doing the MMA Roadshow podcast!
Robin Black (The Fight Network) stops by (at the 30:57 mark) and brings his fun brand of fight analysis to break down UFC 209’s big fights, including:
- Mark Hunt vs. Alistair Overeem
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Tony Ferguson
- the rematch between Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson.
Karim Zidan (Bloody Elbow) makes his much requested return (at the 1:10:02 mark) to delve into Khabib Nurmagomedov ahead of his fight against Tony Ferguson at UFC 209. Topics include:
- Khabib’s father not attending the fight after being denied his US VISA and how this affects Khabib
- His father wanting Khabib to retire soon and if Khabib would listen to his father
- What opportunities Khabib would have in his post-fight career
- Nurmagomedov’s modest attitude and why he shies away from the spotlight even though he’s in an industry that demands self-promoters
- Fedor Emelianenko’s comments about the UFC potentially not wanting Khabib as a champion
- The UFC striking a deal with Russian broadcast partner Match TV and why the Russian market isn’t really a lucrative one, and lots more!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @SubmissionAUS and interact with us, as we love chatting with you guys. You can also catch every episode of Submission Radio on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Soundcloud.
Subscribe to Submission Radio on Youtube