This week, Submission Radio is joined by John Morgan, Luke Thomas and Duane Finley to preview and discuss UFC 210.
After a week off, Submission Radio is back with a brand new episode, featuring UFC 210: Cormier vs. Johnson 2 breakdowns and previews from a stack of respected journalists and analysts, including: John Morgan of MMA Junkie, Luke Thomas of Sirius XM and Duane Finley a.k.a. “Bo“ of FloCombat!
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
John Morgan (MMA Junkie) returns (at the 6:46 mark) to preview UFC 210 and discuss:
- The overlooked exciting fights on the undercard
- The lack of big names and marquee match-ups on the UFC’s recent PPV’s
- Chris Weidman vs. Gegard Mousasi and the messy state of the UFC middleweight division
- What exactly both guys are fighting for and what’s at stake
- Whether Mousasi vs. Whittaker made more sense
- Michael Bisping threatening to face Yoel Romero instead of GSP
- If the UFC will make an interim middleweight title if GSP beats Michael Bisping
- What international fight week might look like this year
- Daniel Cormier’s legacy and with his age and broadcasting duties, how much longer he’ll keep fighting for
- Predictions for the main card
- What it’s like finally getting an NFL team in Las Vegas and more!
Luke Thomas returns to the program (at the 58:10 mark) to talk UFC 210 and discuss the general excitement level for this card, as well as:
- What’s at stake between Chris Weidman and Gegard Mousasi and where it leaves the winner
- Michael Bisping’s threats of facing Yoel Romero instead of GSP and how the superfight has jammed the division
- Mousasi’s comments on free agency and if he would leave the UFC for Bellator
- How devastating a loss would be for Weidman at this point in his career
- How much the title fight means for Daniel Cormier’s career
- What Anthony Johnson needs to do in order to improve and beat Cormier
- If “Rumble” has what it takes to potentially give Jon Jones problems
- The unpredictable nature of how Jon Jones may potentially look upon his return and more!
Duane Finley (FloCombat) returns (at the 36:22 mark) to discuss:
- Bellator’s recent big advancements and signings
- Bellator 180 and how the card now feels with King Mo vs. Ryan Bader being added to the card
- The possibility of Matt Hughes facing Royce Gracie in Bellator and what it does for the company
- If there will ever be a day where Bellator stops doing freakshow fights
- What Bellator would have to do in order to one day become competitive with the UFC
- The recent bizarre decisions made by WME-IMG in running the UFC
- What international fight week will look like with no huge stars available
- The possibility of Conor McGregor never returning to the UFC after the Mayweather fight
- What happens with GSP if the McGregor fight is no longer on the table, and more!
Kacper and Denis wrap up the show (at the 1:15:37 mark) by giving their official predictions for Chris Weidman vs. Gegard Mousasi and Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @SubmissionAUS and interact with us, as we love chatting with you guys. You can also catch every episode of Submission Radio on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Soundcloud.
Subscribe to Submission Radio on Youtube