Retired UFC contender Mike Swick talks new promotion and the fight he would come out of retirement for. Lawal talks Rampage and his worst weight cut ever.
Welcome to your weekly dose of Three Amigos Podcast fun. This episode is loaded with great content, courtesy of our special guests, former UFC middle/welterweight contender Mike Swick and Bellator light heavyweight contender Muhammed Lawal. We also have new installments of our popular segments: RantyPants™ and Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg ™.
Ordered Listing with timestamps:
- RantyPants™ – 9:35
- Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™ – 23:40
- Mo Lawal – 36:15
- Mike Swick – 56:20
Here is a summary of each interview segment, complete with the time stamps for when each interview or special segment begins. As always, we hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as we enjoyed recording it.
Mo Lawal (36:15 mark)
- Rampage technical discussion
- Thoughts on Jackson’s comments about wishing he’d never gotten into the sport
- If he feels Jackson took the fight just for the paycheck
- Things he feels Jackson does well in the cage
- If he plans to change up anything to ensure he doesn’t end up in another controversial split
- His response to Jackson’s remarks about fat shaming
- If he feels there’s a solution to be found for the increase in weight cutting issues
- Details of his worst weight cut
- Technical mini-breakdown of Cormier vs. Johnson 2
- If he had to fight any fictional character, who would it be?
Mike Swick (56:20 mark)
- Primal FC discussion
- How he lost everything in his first attempt at setting up a gym in Thailand several years ago (His current gym, AKA Thailand is his second venture)
- The altered rules for MMA in Thailand
- The most valuable advice or experience he’s ever received
- Weight cutting discussion
- His worst weight cut
- What he thinks of AKA’s frequent descriptions of being a highly injury-prone team
- Thoughts on a “Legends Division”
- Why he is campaigning to get a fight with Matt Hughes
- Which fictional character he would fight
The hosts discuss a variety of topics that include:
- Bellator presser comedy
- Bellator PPV and live event ticket pricing
- CSAC’s latest proposed changes regarding weight-cutting (forcible weight division changes)
- Gaethje’s limbo status: Is he a free agent or isn’t he?
- UFC fight bookings: Overeem/Werdum
- Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™
- Staff predictions and standings
You can check out the entire show here or via the embedded player below. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the MMA Nation name. Follow our Twitter accounts: Stephie Haynes, Three Amigos Podcast, Iain Kidd and Mookie Alexander or our Facebook fan page, Three Amigos Pod.