On Episode 137 of The MMA Circus, Nick Baldwin and Andrew Lawrence discuss UFC Fight Night 120: Poirier vs. Pettis, Frankie Edgar pulling out of UFC 218 and former champ Jose Aldo filling in to face featherweight titleholder Max Holloway in a rematch, Anderson Silva’s potential doping violation and Michael Bisping stepping up to fight Kelvin Gastelum, Bellator MMA’s upcoming heavyweight tournament, Fabricio Werdum vs. Marcin Tybura at UFC Fight Night 122, and much more.
EPISODE 137: The MMA Circus, hosted by Nick Baldwin and Andrew Lawrence, is back for your listening pleasure.
- UFC Fight Night 120 recap — The UFC debuted in Norfolk, Virginia last Saturday with UFC Fight Night 120. In the main event, Dustin Poirier defeated former lightweight champ Anthony Pettis via third-round TKO (injury). In the co-headliner, welterweight Matt Brown stopped Diego Sanchez with a devastating elbow in the first round.
- Max Holloway vs. Jose Aldo 2 — Due to a facial injury, Frankie Edgar pulled out of his UFC 218 title fight with featherweight champ Max Holloway and ex-titleholder Jose Aldo took his place.
- Anderson Silva’s positive drug test; Michael Bisping vs. Kelvin Gastelum — Former longtime middleweight champ Anderson Silva was notified of a potential USADA violation and was subsequently pulled from his matchup against Kelvin Gastelum in Shanghai. Michael Bisping stepped up on short notice and will now face Gastelum three weeks after losing the title to Georges St-Pierre.
- Bellator heavyweight tournament — Bellator recently announced a heavyweight grand prix tournament that will determine the division’s next champion. Participants include Fedor Emelianenko, Ryan Bader, Matt Mitrione, Quinton Jackson, Muhammed Lawal, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, and Chael Sonnen.
- Fabricio Werdum vs. Marcin Tybura preview — Werdum vs. Tybura headlines UFC Fight Night 121 in Sydney, Australia this weekend.
- Gets It/Doesn’t Get It
- Dumb Questions
Nick Baldwin: @NickBaldwinMMA
Andrew Lawrence: @TheClownKid
Google Play: HERE
Player FM: HERE