UFC middleweight contender Gegard Mousasi sits in with the Amigos this week to discuss upcoming fight with former champion, Chris Weidman.
Welcome to your weekly dose of Three Amigos Podcast fun. This episode is loaded with great content, courtesy of our special guest, UFC top middleweight contender, Gegard Mousasi. We also have new installments of our popular segments: RantyPants™, Q&A with Captain Kidd™ and Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg ™.
Ordered Listing with timestamps:
- RantyPants™ – 15:40
- Q&A with Captain Kidd™ – 21:55
- Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™ – 30:00
- Gegard Mousasi – 44:00
Here is a summary of each interview segment, complete with the time stamps for when each interview or special segment begins. As always, we hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as we enjoyed recording it.
Gegard Mousasi (44:00 mark)
- Chris Weidman discussion
- Thoughts on Bisping/GSP/Romero
- Thoughts on Rockhold’s call-out of Werdum
- If he would ever move up in weight for a big $$ fight
- Boxers/MMA fighters wanting crossover fights
- Best advice he’s ever received
- Thoughts on weight cutting issues
- Worst weight cut
- How he sees Cormier/Johnson going
The hosts discuss a variety of topics that include:
- Mousasi’s discontent with pay
- Nurmagomedov’s account of his disastrous weight cut and hospitalization
- Justin Ledet, Lyman Good suspensions
- UFC fight bookings: RDA/Saffiedine and Lawler/Cerrone
- Q&A with Captain Kidd™
- Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™
- Staff predictions and standings
You can check out the entire show here or via the embedded player below. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the MMA Nation name. Follow our Twitter accounts: Stephie Haynes, Three Amigos Podcast, Iain Kidd and Mookie Alexander or our Facebook fan page, Three Amigos Pod.