This week the Amigos are joined by Bellator’s Jimmy Smith and filmmaker Matt Kaplowitz.
Welcome to your weekly dose of Three Amigos Podcast fun. This episode is loaded with great content, courtesy of our special guests, Bellator lead commentator Jimmy Smith and filmmaker and all Bloody Elbow alum Matt Kaplowitz (The Fight Nerd). We also have a new installment of our popular segment Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg ™.
Ordered Listing with timestamps:
- Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™ – 21:55
- Jimmy Smith – 39:35
- Matt Kaplowitz – 1:11:55
Here is a summary of each interview segment, complete with the time stamps for when each interview or special segment begins. As always, we hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as we enjoyed recording it.
Jimmy Smith (39:35 mark)
- Discussion of the additions of Goldie and Ranallo, if it will be three-man booth or a rotating two-man booth
- Discussion of Sean Grande’s open letter
- Bellator 180 discussion
- NYSAC commission discussion
- Drug testing discussion
- Analysis of the Bellator 180 main card
- Bellator’s “In Camp” series
- Mayweather-McGregor discussion
Matt Kaplowitz – (1:11:55 mark)
- Discussion about Girl Fight film
- How the film came about
- How he determined which athletes he would center the film around
- Most difficult part about making Girl Fight
- His film work with Bellator
- Upcoming projects
The hosts discuss a variety of topics that include:
- Mayweather-McGregor is official!
- Mauro Ranallo and Mike Goldberg have signed with Bellator
- Bellator’s announcement of the NYSAC’s “random” testing of Chael and Wandy
- Dana White’s response to Demetrious Johnson’s open letter
- Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™
- Staff predictions and standings
You can check out the entire show here. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the MMA Nation name. Follow our Twitter accounts: Stephie Haynes, Three Amigos Podcast, Iain Kidd and Mookie Alexander or our Facebook fan page, Three Amigos Pod.