The Amigos are back with your weekly news update, including a review of UFC 216 and discussion on Mark Hunt, Ian McCall, the latest on Conor McGregor’s fight future and more.
Welcome to your weekly dose of Three Amigos Podcast fun. We’ve got a great episode today featuring an in-depth look at the MMA community’s news of the week and a review of last weekend’s UFC 216 card. We also have a new installment of our popular segment Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg ™.
Ordered Listing with timestamps:
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, complete with the time stamps for when each interview or special segment begins. As always, we hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as we enjoyed recording it.
Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™ – 25:38
The hosts discuss a variety of topics that include:
- Demetrious Johnson’s incredible suplex-to-armbar submission
- UFC 216 review
- Tony Ferguson’s fight style vs. Conor McGregor’s
- Kevin Lee’s staph infection
- Nevada officials allowing Kevin Lee to fight
- Mark Hunt pulled from Sydney card and subsequent social media tirade
- Ian McCall granted UFC release and comments about fighting for Kadyrov
- Kurt Holobaugh’s suspension for IV use
- Dana White says McGregor/Diaz never discussed
- Dana says McGregor/Ferguson “has to happen”
- Staff predictions and standings (Mookie tries to cheat Stephie, gets caught)
- Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™
US Men’s National Team is hot garbage, fails to qualify for FIFA World Cup for first time since 1986
Carl Frampton: I’ve cut down on sparring because “I don’t want problems after boxing”
Jerry Jones: Stand for the anthem or you’ll be punished
You can check out the entire show here. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the MMA Nation name. Follow our Twitter accounts: Stephie Haynes, Three Amigos Podcast, Iain Kidd and Mookie Alexander or our Facebook fan page, Three Amigos Pod.