Welcome to this special edition of Three Amigos Podcast fun. With the UFC 229 card looming ever closer, we thought it would be a good idea to get George Lockhart back on the show to discuss the preparations he’s been making over the last several weeks for Conor Mcgregor’s pending weight cut ahead of his main event title bout with Khabib Nurmagomedov. George has been working with Conor for the last three years and has been with the Irish superstar for most of this camp, as well.
We had a specific set of questions for Lockhart, which he answered in great detail, so for those of you that really enjoy the science behind the cut, this episode is for you. Here’s the list of questions:
- Tell us how it has been working with Conor the past few weeks, and how long you’ve been out there.
- Fight week is right around the corner. Walk us through how you’re going to get Conor from where he is, to 155.
- So, now he’s at 155, he weighs in, and the really important work starts, right? How do you get him back at peak performance in 36 hours?
- Do you agree with adding 165 and 175 lbs divisions?
- One of the trainers you certified successfully, Eoghan Gallagher, got Darren Till down to 169 lbs for his fight against Tyron Woodley. How many people are certified so far, and when’s the next class going to graduate?
You can check out the entire show here. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the MMA Nation name. Follow our Twitter accounts: Stephie Haynes, Three Amigos Podcast, Iain Kidd and Mookie Alexander or our Facebook fan page, Three Amigos Pod.