“The Dirty Bird” is making the flight to The Land Down Under.
Veteran welterweight Tim Means has agreed to step in as a replacement for Jesse Taylor to fight Belal Muhammad in a welterweight bout at UFC Sydney. Taylor was removed from the scheduled bout after he was flagged for a potential USADA violation on Sept. 13.
The news was first reported by MMA Today, and confirmed by the UFC on Thursday.
Means (27-8-1, 1 NC) was last seen winning a unanimous decision over Alex Garcia at UFC Oklahoma City in June. Means has won three of his last four fights and he owns a 9-5 record inside the Octagon (excluding one no-contest).
This will be both Means and Muhammad’s third outing of 2017. Muhammad (12-2) has put together a 3-2 UFC record since debuting with the promotion in July of last year. In his last two fights, he’s earned unanimous decisions over Jordan Mein and Randy Brown.
UFC Fight Night 121 takes place at the Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney, Australia on Nov. 18. See the updated card below (bout order to be determined):
- Fabricio Werdum vs. Marcin Tybura
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Bec Rawlings
- Tim Means vs. Belal Muhammad
- Elias Theodorou vs. Daniel Kelly
- Humberto Bandenay vs. Alexander Volkanovski
- Ryan Benoit vs. Ashkan Mokhtarian
- Jenel Lausa vs. Eric Shelton
- Alex Chambers vs. Nadia Kassem