Jon Jones may have jeopardized his relationship with yet another supplement company.
The former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion was pulled from the upcoming UFC 200 pay-per-view (PPV) event, scheduled for July 9 in Las Vegas, Nevada, after getting flagged for not one, but two banned substances.
That’s according to UFC President Dana White.
“Basically, for the ‘B’ sample to not be the same, especially when there’s two different agents I think, it would be like hitting the lottery for that to come up negative,” White told FOX Sports mouthpiece Colin Cowherd.
When Jones surfaced the day after his removal (watch it), he told the mixed martial arts (MMA) media that he’s confused by the results, as he’s yet to deviate from his existing supplement regimen, a revelation which may cast a bad light on current sponsor GAT Nutrition.
Something that doesn’t sit well with vice president Mark Post (via USA Today):
“Nothing Jon is using from GAT contains anything that is banned. We do extensive third-party testing and we know he has been tested several times. Everything has come up clear. We have no idea what has changed in what he has taken over the last month. We don’t live with Jon, and don’t even know what the banned substance is. We have had no issues with any of our products. That’s what makes me question what (the banned substance) is. We don’t take chances with our athletes.”
The agents in question have yet to be identified.
With Jones removed from the UFC 200 main event, Daniel Cormier will slide down the PPV card and instead battle middleweight import Anderson Silva. The new main event will be the women’s bantamweight showdown between Miesha Tate and Amanda Nunes.
Results from Jones’ “B” sample are expected ….View full article
Source:: mma mania